Your local ward councillors and Yvonne Fovargue MP are disappointed that the rewrite still includes the release of greenbelt land at Junction 25.
We encourage residents to give their views via the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework consultation portal which is hosted online here.
Responses to the consultation can also be made by email here and by post to Planning Team Consultation, GMCA, Churchgate House, 56 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6EU.
Please quote Policy GM Allocation 48 - M6, Junction 25 in all correspondence. The closing date for receipt of representations is Monday 18 March 2019.
Legitimate objections include but are not limited to:
1. Loss of greenbelt contrary to the Wigan Local Plan 2013
2. Impact on residential amenity due to noise/air pollution generated by proposed use
3. Impact on local road network (A49 Warrington Rd)
4. No exceptional circumstances exist to warrant release of greenbelt land
5. Brownfield sites across Greater Manchester should be prioritised for development and not greenbelt sites that serve to restrict urban sprawl
A public meeting will be held on Tuesday, 5th March at St Aidan's Social Centre commencing at 7.45pm. This will be an update meeting on the GMSF and related db Symmetry application.